A PLACE TO FIND FAST AND EASY RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL ENJOY!







Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet Party Mix

I love having some kind of party mix around the house to snack on. This has been my all time favorite party mix so far. I have already made 2 batches of it and they are all gone. I have a few more different party mix recipes I am going to try and if they taste good as well, then I will also post them. I made this mix for MOPS group the other day and they loved it.
Ingredients:
-8 Cups of Chex Cereal. I use the cinnamon to give it a little more flavor, but you can use rice, corn or wheat.
-2 Cups of Pretzels
-1 Cup Sliced Almonds
-3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
-6 TBSP Butter
-3 TBSP Corn Syrup
-1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
-1 Cup Dried Cherries, Blueberries or Cranberries. I use cranberries.
In a large roasting pan combine cereal, pretzels and almonds. Set aside.
In a saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until well mixed. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.


Pour over cereal, stir to coat.Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, stir cereal mixture and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Pour on wax paper to cool. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

background