A PLACE TO FIND FAST AND EASY RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL ENJOY!







Thursday, January 27, 2011

Herb-Roasted Chicken

They had whole chickens on sale for really cheap, so we picked up a few and I started looking for recipes to use them in. I had never cooked with a whole chicken before. I found this recipe and it was so easy. It took a while to cook, but it was all worth it in the end.
Ingredients:
-Whole Chicken, I used a 4lb one
-2 TBSP Butter, Melted
-2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
-1 Tsp.Dried Basil
-1/2 Tsp. Salt
-1/2 Tsp. Dried Thyme
-1/4 Tsp. Lemon-Pepper SeasoningRinse the inside of chicken, pat dry with paper towel.Tie the chicken up, I tied the legs together and the wings. Place chicken breast side up in a shallow roasting pan.Brush chicken with melted butter and garlic.In a small bowl stir together basil, salt, thyme, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
Rub season mixture on chicken. Bake at 375F for 2 hours or until chicken is done. My chicken took exactly 2 hours! I didn't get a picture of the cooked chicken because I had all 3 kids crying! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background