A PLACE TO FIND FAST AND EASY RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL ENJOY!







Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Smothered Okra

I LOVE okra......I love it any way that it could possibly be made.....pickled, fried, boiled.....you name it I will eat it! When I found this recipe I was so excited to try okra in a whole new way! Last week I made Spicy Chicken and Rice Bake and decided to try this okra recipe with it! It was sooo good!
Ingredients:
-1/2 C. Chopped Onion
-1/2 C. Bell Pepper
-2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
-2 TBSP Butter
-2 C. Whole Okra cut into 1' pieces or 2 C. Frozen cut okra, thawed
-1 Can Diced Tomatoes-drained
-1/8 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
-1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/8 Tsp. Pepper

In a large skillet cook and stir the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender.
Stir in okra, tomatoes, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minuets or until okra is tender.Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background