A PLACE TO FIND FAST AND EASY RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL ENJOY!







Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gingersnap Pot Roast

I am finally back to cooking! After two weeks of resting, I have to admit I am glad to be back to the cookbooks! Tonight I made a Gingersnap pot roast that turned out wonderful! I was a little eary how a roast with cookies would turn out but it was good! I also doubled the recipe because I was using a 5lb roast.







Ingredients:
-Beef Chuck Pot Roast
-1 C. Water
-8 Gingersnap Cookies, Crumbled
-2 TBSP. Red Wine Vinegar
-1 Tsp. Beef Bouillon Cubes ( I only have chicken, so that is what I used)
-1/8 Tsp. Ground Red Pepper
-3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Chopped
-Carrots ( I didn't measure)
-1 Bay Leaf

Trim fat from meat and place in crock pot. In a small bowl combine water, gingersnaps, vinegar, bouillon cubes, and red pepper.







Place sweet potatoes, carrots, and bay leaf in cooker. Pour gingersnap mixture over meat.
Cook on low 10-12 hours or on high 5-6 hours. Serve and enjoy!!

1 comment:

background