A PLACE TO FIND FAST AND EASY RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL ENJOY!







Monday, September 27, 2010

Beef and Brats

When I first read this recipe I was not sure how it was going to taste but it came out really really good. I threw it all in the crock pot and let it cook all day long. It was really tender and so tasteful!

Ingredients:

-1 lb. boneless beef round steak, cut 1 inch thick

-4 ounces uncooked spicy bratwurst or other sausage, cut into 3/4 in. slices

-1 TBSP cooking oil

-1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings

-2 TBSP quick-cooking tapioca (I found it in the pudding section at the store)

-1 Tsp. dried thyme

-1/4 Tsp. salt

-1/4 Tsp. pepper

-1 14oz can chunky tomatoes with garlic and spices, undrained

-2 C. Rice or noodles

Trim fat from beef. In a large skillet brown been and bratwurst on all sides in hot oil. Drain fat.

I browned the bratwurst before I cut it up. It cut way easier that way.

Place the onions, tapioca, thyme, salt, pepper, undrained tomatoes in crock pot. Add beef and bratwurst. Mix together.
Cover and cook on low heat for 10 hours. Serve over noodles or rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background