A PLACE TO FIND FAST AND EASY RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL ENJOY!







Sunday, July 19, 2009

Welcome & Sweet and Sour Chicken

*UPDATE* 9/23/12 Still just as delicious as ever!! I am starting my recipe blog back up so I will be adding more meals soon!!

Welcome to my recipe blog. I also have a family blog and you can visit it by clicking here.

I recently got a few recipe books from way back when from my Great Grandma. I love cooking and decided to share the some of the recipes from her books and other books that I have!This also gives me motivation to try a lot of new things!

Tonight I made sweet and sour chicken, I did not get this recipe from one of her cookbooks, I got it from my recipe box that I made in highschool!It was more of a stir-fry.

What you need:
Chicken- I used 2 pieces of chicken and cut them into cubes.

Veggies-I used broccoli, 1-yellow squash,1-green bell pepper,1 Cup mushrooms, and 1-onion

Fruit-1 can-cut up pineapple, save about 1/2 of the juice

Soy sauce-I didn't measure, I just poured it over the mixture.

White rice

Sweet and Sour Sauce (optional)
Cook the chicken and set aside. Saute the veggies in oil. Pour in the chicken, pineapple,soy sauce and pineapple juice(sweet and sour sauce if using). Bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes and it is ready! Serve over cooked rice. It was a quick, easy meal, and it was Yummy to my Tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background